Flathead catfishing in west Tennessee

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by hatchie rat, Mar 25, 2007.

1. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    is anyone around here interested in going into hatchie river for the nite to try for some Flatheads? i put in in bolivar Tenn short ride to a sandy beach has deep bend shallow water lots of cover i have done pretty good there just would rather fish with some one let me know all you need is to get here my boat doesnt have trailer lights so it would be untill daybreak there are some biggins in there

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Travis, if I still lived in West Tennessee I would go with you in a heart beat. I have fished the Hatchie there at Pocahontas many many times and love fishing the Hatchie. I have always wanted to try there in Bolivar but never got the chance. Maybe when we are back over that way we can get together and give it a try.

By the way, are you going to be able to make the Gathering at Pickwick next month? We would like to meet you and shake your hand buddy. Come on over and have a good time with all of us.

3. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    Mr Marshall if at all possible I'd like to meet fellow cat fishermen i have a son in marines going to iraq in July an may is when all the family has planned on going ( to camp lejune)I've got a pretty good place to fish but i have run outta things to talk to my self about there don't seem to be many round here who go after flatheads but if time permits I'll be there

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Travis, we will keep your son and your family in our prayers. We hope you can make it to the gathering. You will really enjoy all the folks and fun. There will be some folks there that are from your area. Check out the Pickwick gathering in the gathering thread.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Just when would you like to plan a fishing trip?
    I am about 20+ miles east of you east of Selmer.
    Been thinking about putting in off of Hwy 57 and fishing the Hatchie. Just don't know if my back can handle a all night trip or not. But would love to fish there.
    I fish the Tn river. Was at pickwick today catching skipjack for bait tomorrow .:big_smile:
    Pete

6. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I live in Estern Arkansas and have a Tn License, would love to hook up sometime for some fishing. Usually I don't know about me weekends until the Friday before. I have a boat with trailer lights and boat lights for running at night.
    How far are you from Memphis.

7. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    anytime you want to go my plan was(is) to pull boat up on bankits sandyan maybe40or50 foot long could bring a chair this is putting in at bolivar i dont know that end of river off 57 7316584782 or 6099603 like i said whenever you want to go im ready

8. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    im about 65 miles or so from memphis just take 64east to bolivar an call like i told s/red anytime is good with me this ramp is concrete easy putting in strong crosswater loading my numbers are in above post i would look forward to fishing with yall

9. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    hey yall hatchie sure is lookin good im still lookin for someone to go

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would like to hook up with fellow members to fish. Have camper will travel to fish.

Danny

PS...we need to do something before Pete catches all the fish in that area...

11. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    well luckly pete aint been here yet dont need camper im 10 mins from ramp wife used to me an fishin friends river is dropping pretty fast you wanna go just come on suppost to get cold dont know what that will do but the fish have been there i had a 5/0 eagle claw broke my bad got 9/0 an 10 /0 now cant catch em if you anit there i must add in all fairness anybody wants to go is fine with with me

12. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Travis I am going to get with you soon on this, have your numbers, don't know about this weekend with the front we have comeing in. I have been tearing them up on Horseshoe Lake just down the road from me.
    I have a brand new TN license I am dying to use.

13. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    looking foward to it anytime may want to wait on weather to get right sayin low 30s 20s by friday but ill go anytime just come on

14. xmannt

xmannt New Member

State:
    TN
    I might be interested. Where is that from Clarksvile? Lets see if we can make this work.

15. hatchie rat

hatchie rat New Member

State:
    tn
    the best way i could tell you would be to use google maps or msn maps from where you are to bolivar tn hope that helps