flathead catfishing IN North Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by z-man, Jun 1, 2009.

1. z-man

z-man New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey guys this is my second tread.does anybody catch flatheads in the ne cape fear river around chinquapin

2. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    ive never fished the cape fear but i bet if u fished sum eddys off the main current, or slack water areas u will catch sum. look for boulders or large rocks. fish with large live bream or live eels. hope this will help ya!! good luck

3. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have caught some a little farther down around waynes landing and behind river landing, but never caught a flathead up passed the deep bottom bridge.

4. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Any flatheads in the Durham area?

5. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hiram, There is Flatheads Clear Up The NE Cape Fear.. Caught Em As Far Up As Past Beulaville...

Nccatgirl, Yes There Is Flatheads Around The Durham Area In Alot Of Places...

6. wtjordan84

wtjordan84 New Member

State:
    NC
    yes there are flatheads in durham! hit me up and ill show you where sometime

7. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    flatheads are everywhere............ponds, lakes, rivers, in my freezer...........lol.........most of the time people arent rigged for them and its always the one that got away..........one good view of a flathead......think of him as a noctournal bass! it helps me from time to time!:wink:

8. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Care to specify on any bodies of water in durham to try? Only place I really fish for flatheads now is the neuse, but I am not to far from durham. Always liek to try new spots.

9. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    well there is a member of boc that has told me she has caught flathead out of little river lake........knowing the species i would be willing to bet there in the little river! and im for sure theyre in the lake........cant promise any size.........and the fact the lake is open only during daylight hours would make it a challange to catch a big one!