Flathead Catfishing- Anybody Started Fishing For Them Yet?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by bigpapa15206, Apr 18, 2006.

1. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    The time is near! Prespawn! Anybody start fishing for fltaheads yet. I have been a lil busy fishing for walleye. Opps did i say that outload.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished for them a couple times with no fish, my partner caught a 16-lber last weekend here in Ohio.

3. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

my river temperature is currently 66*... it has been between 60-66* for the last 2 weeks. Might be time to go for flatheads soon.

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Havent starting yet but looking to get out this weekend hope they are biting the weather has been really nice.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I havn't targeted Flatheads yet. Water temp. on the Allegheny River on Monday was 49*. I am mostly fishin' with minnows and nightcrawlers now and catchin' Walleye/Sauger, Smallmouth Bass. I did catch one Channel Cat last week but they don't seem to be on the feed yet. Water should warm up soon with the nice warm days we are having!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    With the big rain over the weekend, I think I'll have to wait another week until the river goes down in order for me to get to my spot. This is gonna be a good year for flatheads!!!!!!! The Schuykill River will be one day PA's best flathead fishery. I fully beleive the next state record will come out of eastern PA's Schuykill River. I'm JUST FREAKIN EXCITED.

7. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    I bagged a 30lb flattie yesterday! will post a pic when i get chance. no offense but i strongly believe my spot on the allegheny will be the place where the next state record will be held, by yours truely. It is also the spot of the previous state record.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go bigpapa! I hope you get the record! I know I will be tryin my best to break it further upriver. It would be great for a B.O.C. member to get it!

9. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    see "1st catfish of year" post for pic

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Seen 3 flatties this week in the mid 30s. It'll be soon when we get the BIG ONE!!

11. lord_zainan

lord_zainan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A friend and I caught two today. A three punder and a seven punder. Not very big for a flat, but good eating nonetheless.