Flathead catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sailfish218, Mar 20, 2007.

1. sailfish218

sailfish218 New Member

State:
    SC
    Does anyone know when the flatheads are going to spawn or if they already are? What does the water temp need to be? Anyone know what the water temp is on lake Marion?

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Most of the areas around here the flats spawn from June to July. They spawn in warmer water than blues.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    here in arkansas it starts about june 15 give or take a week.

4. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    talked to some fellas at santee and they said that the flatheads have already started and are in it pretty heavy right now

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I'd talk to somemore fellas, it's ealier for flatheads, blues may be on a prespawn pattern, but flatheads haven't even got their bearings yet. They haven't even had time to fatten back up from their winter rest, they can't possiblly spawn yet if they're not no where ready. My guess if the water temp at the lakes at santee is not much warmer than here, so I can't see it.

6. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    Thats what I hear. This weekend is going to packed. I cant wait:lol:

7. klemsontigers7

klemsontigers7 New Member

State:
    SC
    Just left Lake Marion yesterday. The flatheads should be starting to turn on a little bit. The water temp would rise to around 65 or 66 during the day and cool off to about 60 at night. Hope this helps.