Flathead catfish withdrawls

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by rivercatsc, Feb 19, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have been hammering the big blues this winter but it just is not the same. I cant wait to lock into one of those huge flattys again. The water temp should start climbing again in about month and I will be on them like white on rice.LOL

2. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Least you've been able to chase the blues. I havent been on the river since Oct and the only way I can get on it now is if I want to fish through 13in of ice.:angry: Gonna be another about another 3 months before the river and the flaties will become fishable again. It did finally get above freezing today for the first time in over a month. Cant wait for those hot summer nights!

3. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I can't wait till may to start targeting big flatties.the blues have been bitin good this winter but I dont wont to stay out all night fishin like in spring

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hang tight boys, spring is on the way. I'm going Thursday that will be the first time since Nov. They say 65 degrees, and if the fish don't bite it will be ok I just want to go. But if they do.............

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah winter maybe coming to an end it was in the 50's here yesterday and already close to that now course ol'mother nature might be pulling a fast one on us she's a playfull ol'girl seems early yet to be this warm , them flatties would be nice to tie into but it will happen soon enough i predict great fishing this year only time will tell tho untill then yall keep dreaming and keep your hopes high

6. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    i am definitely ready for those flatheads as soon as that river drops some i'll be pretty much staying on it

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me too Thomas. When the river gets right I will be there everyday if possible. People probably wonder if I really have a job or not. I do love being on the pee dee.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I cant wait myself till spring to try for some blues and flats.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here kitty kitty..... Man im itching to hit the river

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am also awaiting them to start showing up. I will start targeting some flats around March. Will be on them in a big way this Spring thru summer.

11. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I cant wait to go catch some flatties either. I've been catching some channels but it just is'nt the same.