flathead catfish with v tails

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, May 24, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok here is the place for this disagrement, look at my pics see the split in all my flatheads tails,, and wen you spred it out there even more split, i never got a flat with a copleatly round tail, my pics prove it, all u got to do is look, there not forked, like a chanel , but they all have a slight split, that makes them seem v like, not like a blu or channel,

Attached Files:

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    heres a dnr scetch with a slighty v tail, and alot of mine are even more v shaped, than this wen you spread it out

Attached Files:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Flathead.

4. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The split is not genetic, their tails are damaged, pretty common. Pre-spawn channels I've caught look like palm leaves because of all the splits in their forked tails.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    look at the dnr scetch, above, ive never got a flathead without a split in the middle, look at the dnr pic above, theres your proof,

6. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Whats your point?

7. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dude. You are right. They do have V notched tails. The whole BOC and every definition on the net from every dnr and gnf is wrong. It's just a conspiracy i tell ya. :tounge_out:

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    my point is there saying, flatheads have no split at all in the tail, and the post above, is a dnr description, i hate to sound like an a hole, but, its like there calling me a liar, im not mad, but im triying to show them proof, but, i give up, its not worth loosing cool dudes on here due to a stupid disagrement, this is my last post on this, just not worth, turning people agaist me for this, so i apolagize if it offends sobody, but, im out of this post, ill read it, but i aint posting about them tails anymore, :roll_eyes: lol,

9. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I didn't think anybody was being an a-hole. I just thought you guys were having a freindly debate. People can disagree it is our nature. Me, i was just being silly cuz that is my nature. Honestly though i don't think their tales are v notched. You will find flatheads that have ripped or torn tails. It is a wild world down there. They do have a slight indent when relaxed. It has to be that way so they can close thier tales. It would not be a very effective swimming tail if it didn't open and close. To be able to close. It has to fold up. Hence the indent when relaxed. "Relaxed" is the key word. Take a flatheads tail (that is not damaged) and hold it open all the way. You will see it is "squared off". Take a Channel cat and fully open the tail and you'll see it is a "V" or a ">" notch. Nothing what so ever like a Flathead tail. I hope that helps. Good fishing to ya.

10. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    If I catch a big flathead I could care less what it's tail looks like.:wink:

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    me to, bigger is better, regardless of my opinion on what i call a v