Flathead catfish wintering holes

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by catchaser1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I have done pretty good this summer with the flatheads, but now that fall is here, I know the will be feeding up for winter in these "wintering holes". What exactly is your opinion of a good wintering hole in a lake? The has some good bends in the channel, that is where I would start I guess, what do yall think?

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    you say lake but also channel bends ,so im guessing its actually a reservior. if you can post a contour map photo you will get better advice bro. other than that i can only say deep water cover is the place to look.

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    yes it is a resevoir, which was built in the early 60s, it had some pretty good rivers before they backed it up, two main ones. I only fish one of them.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    if you cant post a contour map, then whats the name,ill see if i can find one on the web. you would get a more specific answer if we could see the make up. at least give us a better description of this water shed,please. we would love to help you find better cats so we could look at the pics you post! lol

nice avitar flat by the way bro.! what did it wiegh?

5. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    that one weighed 35, but it was at santee, have caught a 37, 38, and my fishing partner a 43 this summer, and the 37 and 43 out of the same hole.