Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to try fishing in the mornings and just do not feel like getting up on days off. Well this morning my wife had to work so I was awake anyways. I went and was expecting to catch a fwe stripes, I was wrong. The gar were back in my spot and I could not keep bait out for them. I moved to one of my spots for catfish about 9:00 and was greeted very quickly by some good pulls. I landed 6 between 5 and 15 lbs all in about 20minutes. After that they just stopped. Made my morning!! Wish I had pics but I was by myself and did not keep any of them.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you don't even give no headsup,wanna hog them spots huh.lol J/K
thats sounded fun there,gettem while they're bitin'.
It wasnt a planned trip. It was one of those.......uh, I have a couple of hours to kill type things. But it was fun!!

· Registered
228 Posts
I have hit them like that just below where you were fishing last year, we had 5 in the boat in 20 min between 10 to 20 pounds but the just quit when the sun broke out. It's not fishable now up and almost blood red when I passed over at 11 am.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have hit them like that just below where you were fishing last year, we had 5 in the boat in 20 min between 10 to 20 pounds but the just quit when the sun broke out. It's not fishable now up and almost blood red when I passed over at 11 am.
Yeah, whats up with that? They get some rain up north or something? I had planned on trying it again this evening when I get off UNTIL I saw what it looked like. Still be good fishing at the weir though.

· Registered
5,832 Posts
it rose on us friday night,by 2 foot.no rain up north that we saw.is there a dam up north they can open.is lanier on the hooch?i don't know.

yesterday the gauge was around 8 foot and dropped to around 6.5 foot,goin by the site macdaddy sent me.they should be on again,real soon. back up around 7 now.

good luck when yall hit it again.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it rose on us friday night,by 2 foot.no rain up north that we saw.is there a dam up north they can open.is lanier on the hooch?i don't know.

yesterday the gauge was around 8 foot and dropped to around 6.5 foot,goin by the site macdaddy sent me.they should be on again,real soon. back up around 7 now.

good luck when yall hit it again.
Yeah it is Lanier, they can open the gates and let more water out BUT usually they do it slowly. Most of the time when it comes up it is due to rain north of us. The first of the week is when Lanier is letting the most out and the weekend is usually when they are letting the least out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.