Flathead catfish virgin

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Snake Charmer, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    :embarassed: :lol: But not for long!!...But first!---Greetings from a fellow fisherman!...I found this site on my quest for flathead info!.....All I gotta say is---WOW!!!! :big_smile_2: .....Info Overload!!:cool2: :lol:

Getting back on the water soon...Boated striper and a couple channels, but No flats yet! :too_sad: Have Shad, Gills, Golds, and Worms!!

What do you think??------Day? or Night?, Deep, Shallow, water temp 53 and climbing.......Patients??

Any Havasu Experts out there??

I've learned a fair amount so far, and hope to contribute a little as time goes, maybe post a pic or two!

Setting on the Columbia River watching a gal screaming!, (Hooked a BIG Salmon)--What do we do!! What do we do!!----A fisherman in a Hogline replies!--Cut The Line!!...Cut The Line!!......The rookie did!, and as the laughter grew---So did her Screaming!!....they left the area!!:embarassed: :smile2:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC bob

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC,yes indeed this is an awesome site. You have just given yourself a whole new family!:big_smile:

4. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Greetings and salutations Bob. I found this site by also trying to find info on flatheads. This place is a virtual smorgasborg of catfishing tips and experiences. Eat, drink and be merry, the flatties will come soon.........

dru :cool2:

5. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    Thanks for the welcome's! :big_smile: Sponge'n the site is getting costly! :lol: As I must pick up more gear!...back to fishin tomorrow! :big_smile_2:

6. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the most addictive fishing site in the wourld Bob.Great to have ya.:cool2:

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Sounds like u 2 got it bad already, lol!!

:lol:

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Welcome to the BOC Bob. Check out the library, talk about overwhelming information.
    :eek:h:
    I have a goal for myself this year, to catch a 25 pound flattie, it would be my first too.

Good luck bro!

9. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Bob......Welcome to the BOC. There are an awful lot of good folks here and a really good bunch of AZ people. Start getting ready, cause in 30 days or so it is gonna bust loose.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC Bob!!!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :0a25: Bob Welcome to the BOC. I can already see you are going to fit right in. I look forward to your posting.:0a18: :cat: :cat:

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the BOC Bob

13. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    Thanks again for the welcomes! :cool2: Been Very windy!...caught a couple rats this morning--still windy--might try a night fish if it calms down! :0a22: :smile2:

14. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    Been awhile since I posted, :sad2: This last weekend (Sat) wasn't much fun....The boat ride was great!..A little over 150 miles, and found some good areas to try!

What ruined it, was when I pulled back into my slip to get my bait, and some LOW Life, bottom dwelling skum sucking THIEF Stole my Basket full of blue gill!...Basket also!.....Pretty Chicken Chit! :sad2:

15. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WELCOME TO THE BOC BROTHER

16. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Welcome to the BOC!! Great group of folks here, and very knowledgeable too. When the water warms up, look out!!! Hold on!!
    :cool2:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Bob you fishing the Snake?

18. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    Fishin Havasu right now, But will probably see the Snake in a couple months. Been planning a trip from Astoria--Mouth of the Columbia--to Lewiston Id.--on Thru Hells Canyon for some Cats, Sturgeon, and sights!

19. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    Yep!, it's starting!!..I've seen 4 fish so far over 25 pounds, and few under to go along with them! :smile2: Broke off two and just couldn't hook set a couple biggies :embarassed: :sad2: :lol: