Flathead catfish traps - How Good Do They Work

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by fishh, Aug 30, 2006.

1. fishh

fishh New Member

State:
    martin
    Hello Brothers I Found Out Where To Get Some Flathead Catfish Traps So I Can Transfer Some Of The Larger Cats In My Pond And Transfer Them Into My Lake......i Was Wondering If Anyone Has Ever Used Them Before And How Well They Work????? Lol

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sorry fishh, once I put them in the ponds,I usually only take them back when I catch them. Wish you luck

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I don't know excactly what a flathead trap is, but if you build a box open on only one end and place it in waist deep water near some cattails or wood you might get them to use it as a den. Then all you got to do is 'noodle' them out durring the daytime. Thats how they do it in the spring when they are looking for nesting spots, I don't know if it'll work this late in the year but you can try. Or wait till next may.

4. ridgerunner2

ridgerunner2 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Man i've used traps one time and we caught 100's in a few hours.I'm really lookin for some planes on how to build one,got any ideas?

5. KatKatchenKrew

KatKatchenKrew New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i hope someone post some blueprints

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    In Oklahoma, unless your very, very lucky, the flathead catfish traps will work good enough to get you a very sizeable ticket. If it is legal, I would imagine it is only legal for the landowner, on his own land.