Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
I fish my [email protected]@ off all the time,trying to catch a hog like that and that lucky [email protected]@ dude catches the state record flathead bass fishing.... WTF......LOL....... The screwed up part is the SOB killed it, instead of giving to the oklahoma aquarium in jenks.....:mad: IF I'm not wrong,I'm pretty sure el reno lake held the previous flathead record ??? YA I'm might have to start fishing out there it's only about a 25 minute drive from the house if that... heck the crazy thing is that lake aint nothing ,but a huge pond...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It is always sad when this happens and you are the guy actually trying to catch them. Fishing equipment is much better than it used to be. On lighter tackle, it probably was exhausted and had a big chance of dying anyway.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
It is possible the previous state record was CPD'd back into Lake ElReno, and this dude caught it again. Shame we can't mount him for observation. Another case of a ego getting in the way of a fishes life.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It kinda sad, but if you want credit for catching a state record fish. The fish is going to die, unless you have a way to keep it alive untill it's verified.

State Record Fish

5. The fish MUST be preserved in a live-weight condition until approved by an Oklahoma Wildlife Fisheries biologist or technician, and an official letter of verification from the Director of the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation has been received by the angler.

Wonder how long it takes to get this letter?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just heard that someone caught another new state record flathead yesterday below the dam at Eufaula?..... supposed to be a 83 LBS??

Anybody heard about that too??? Wasn't sure if that guy took his flathead and weight in at a certified scale yet... A friend of mine was fishing at eufaula dam all day and yesterday, he just told me about it but I have not hear any news about it yet....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.