Flathead catfish spawning

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by holdemhook22, Jun 14, 2007.

1. holdemhook22

holdemhook22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Does anybody know if flatheads spawn the same way as they do in the rivers as in june and july?? Two weekends ago there were 7 flatheads 30 plus caught and then the folowing two weekends not even a bite. Thanks

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC, Andy.

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to BOC. Andy from Arkansas.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    welcome to the BOC and flathead fishing.

5. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome Andy. The weather plays a big role in the bit.

6. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I havent been able to hook a flathead yet this year, right now where i live they have moved to gravel piles, rocky banks, brush piles and creeks to spawn. After the spawn i think ill have better luck.

7. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I fish in southern Ga. and I went flathead fishing two weeks ago and didn't catch anything. I have in the past caught flatheads during this time of the year though. "Experts" say they spawn this time of year and are hard to catch.
    Who knows? I just get out there as much as I can and most of the time I catch them. Lots of water just came down the river from the tropical storm so that might have been it.

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    YES THE FLATTIES ARE SPAWNING OR ARE ALMOST DONE WITH THE SPAWN.AROUND HERE THE SPAWN IS WINDING DOWN(THANK GOD!!) .THE FLATTIES ARE STARTING TO FEED NICELY AGAIN AND THE BIG BOYS ARE REALLY BITING. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU ALL START CATCHING SOME..

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    put the rods down get in the water and run your arm under every hole you can find.them flatheads are biting you just got to put the right bait in front of their face.

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i am having the same problem out here. i went from catching 15 to 20 a night to zero in the last month. i think they are on the spawn and should hopefully be coming off of it soon. the water temps are nice and warm so i know they are going to be active pretty soon. i just hope they come off of the spawn in the next few weeks. i am starting to go crazy here.

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if they are spawning, the males wont feed till they're done, they only will eat something if its threatening their eggs. the females should be around feeding though. like poisonpits said, try a little grabbin:tounge_out:

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    whats your river temp? they are suposed to spawn at 65-75*.