Flathead catfish spawning?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by gone_fishin, Jul 11, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    When do flatheads start to spawn and when do they come off of their beds?

2. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We are catching mostly males and post spawn females so I'm pretty sure the spawn is coming to a close on the stretch of river I fish. I'm expecting the bite to pick back up over the next few weeks.

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah up here the spawn should be over.... i hope... before last week i havent cought ANYTHING

but i went to ky last week...

hopefully i will go cattin soon.... I HOPE

4. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    3 weeks ago, we caught nothing but small males. I have been out 3 times since and not caught a flathead. They are just now coming off. Flatheads spawn when the water temp gets between 74-78 degrees.

5. catstalker32

catstalker32 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They have to be spawning on white river near Noblesville area. I have been several times only catching one small male. Went last night and only had one bite and a turtle. Give it a couple of weeks and they should turn back on.

6. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went fishing Fri night and caught one male about 3# that had a few red spots on him and he was the only fish I caught so I'm pretty sure there spawning around the mississinewaa to peru area now.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I haven't caught anything lately. I had a nice bite over the weekend but that was it. Its been so hot though I really haven't felt like fishing.

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I think the spawns over now, but I can't seem to locate any flatheads as of right now.

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Justin, I and others here on my stretch of the Ohio river have been burning up the flatheads. I have been catching them on shad hooked live threw the lips. Look for them in their same old haunts, like current breaks, eddys, and right behind drift and jams. Vern

10. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am hoping it is over. I was going to go out either tonight or Thursday night and fish for nothing but flatheads. My last 3 weeks out I've landed nothing but a 16# striped bass. I pray my results can only go up from here.

11. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well sounds like we are all on the same banks.lol . Pretty slow in the waters around here too