flathead catfish rod advice

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flatkat, May 5, 2009.

1. flatkat

flatkat New Member

State:
    maine
    I am thinking of buying an ugly stick tiger rod. Was wondering if anyone uses one and how well it performs for flats

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    You posted your question in the wrong spot,, Should have posted in the rod section...My bro has a 7' that does well, when he can catch a fish on it :wink: seems like everytime he get a hit one of his other rods go's down :smile2:

welcome to the BOC Mike..:wink:

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hmmm,
    Well, Anybody says,, Flatcat,, is OK in my book,,,:smile2:
    I've heard good about the rods you mentioned, never used one, but, If someone here is yanking flatties in with them, That'd be enough for me..
    Welcome, to the BOC!!:wink:

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Mike!

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I have a couple and I like them. I fish for blues mainly but I'm sure you can hang flatheads just the same with them. They are good rods for the price.

6. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Try checking out the Team Catfish 1 Ton rods. They have a soft tip and and good powerfull back bone through the mid and butt sections. The Tiger rods have a very long and fat handle that IMOP is odd feeling. Seems like the reel is way to far up the rod. The handle on the Team Catfish rods are much more comfy to use. The handles on the Tiger rods are fat enough that they don't even fit in some rod holders. Team Catfish is also a BOC sponsor!

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    With the price of that Tiger, you could get 2 UglyCats.

I've banked flatheads up to 36lbs on Shakespeare UglyCat rods.

8. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

your right about the handle on the tiger ugly stick i picked one up when i was rod shopping yesterday and didnt like it at all. the handle was huge, to me it felt very unconfutable. I went with and ugly stick big water and couldnt be happyer

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Will a tiger catch any flat probally will it break probally not. Will it be the type of rod you are looking for can't say without knowing what you like. It does a great job flinging baits with it's soft tip witch stiffens up pretty quick down the rod. So if you like alot of bend you may not like it. Overall it has good flathead properties.