Flathead catfish rigs

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by KSflatheadKING3511, Mar 25, 2007.

1. KSflatheadKING3511

KSflatheadKING3511 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey all i'm new here and i'd like to thank you all for the info i've gotten off here- its been so useful. i am new to flathead catfishing on line and reel (i mostly noodle) and was wonderin what is the best rig- bobber or bottom- in the flats where the flattys spawn (around submerged logs)

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would use a slip float rig around the logs.

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
  4. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I use bottom rig as carolina rig. use live bluegills, sucker, chub, bullhead, and small carp.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
  6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If you want to be the best you can be use both and anything else you can think of. You already have a bunch of knowledge from noodling. Just keep experimenting and reading and asking. I like to try new things every year. Matbe something I read on bass fishing or muskie fishing... I try to figure out if I can adapt it to flathead fishing. I have been using some floats I made myself after I read about them being used for live bait fishing for pike lol. I just up-sized them for flathead baits lol.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I use a carolina rig on the bottom most of the time when fishing rivers. In slow moving current I use the same only sometimes I will use a in-line float on my leader to lift the bait off the bottom. Although I dont fish lakes much, I would think a slip bobber rig would work best around heavy structure. Try different rigs and techniques in all situations to see what produces the best.