Flathead catfish on the Verde River?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by xpc, Jun 20, 2008.

1. xpc

xpc New Member

State:
    az.
    has the flathead spawn started in the river above bartlett yet?caught a couple two weeks ago still full of eggs.

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Some spawm earlier and some later. The bulk of them should be in spawn and about done. JMO

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    How is the fishing for flats right now in the river? How far should I go above yellow cliffs. This will be my first time fishing here on saturday.

:0a35:

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The last 2 or 3 weeks of june have always been hard for me. Seems they are busy with finishing up the spawn. That might be complicated with the bright moon this weekend. As you know anything can happen with fish at anytime though. So it could be a hit or miss this weekend. I like the area from the island right before ship rock all the way up to church rock. It is about a 3 or 4 mile stretch of river. Try and find big rocks that run along the side of the channel and either drop your bait right near the base of the rock pile or suspend your bait over the rocks that are under the water. I'd fish from 3' to 15' of water. HTH

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    It's time to start packing tomorrow is almost here.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

6. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm headed out to fish the Salt on Roosevelt in a few hours. I will post a report when I get back and hopefully will have a few pic's to share with you all.