Flathead catfish on the Ohio River in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by FlatheadMan, Jun 21, 2006.

1. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Went out for about 4hrs last night to try a new spot flattys have been hitting real well the last few times out but I found this new spot and of we went with some of the biggest bluegill I caught all year ended the night around 11:30 with a 12lb 16lb and 27lb flatheads had a nice one pull lose under the boat and something that broke or cut 30# trilene bigcat maybe a musky dont no anyways itwas a good night.Ill get some pics up when i get the hang of this

2. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Hey Mike, what city are you fishing close too, and do you happen to know what the surface temp is? I'm fishing the Ohio river near Parkersburg WV, the water temp is in the low 70's, and the last two times I've been out, I haven't had a hit!! I'm just trying to learn more about the flathead spawn in my area. Thanks.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    me too bro, I haven't gotten them for 3 weeks now. And there are no reports of ant caught either out here in eastern PA.

4. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Well Im not sure how dependable this temp gauge is but were I caught them the other night it was ready 77.8 I only had two nights last week were I didnt get any hits I am fishing in beaver county (rochester) Pa

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Thanks for the info. Maybe the spawn is finished in your area!!

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    The bite has been slow in the cincinatti are in the markland pool, hope it gets better soon, nice fish though man

7. jruckman41

jruckman41 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    i'm from the wheeling area it seems like the flats are starting to hit