Flathead catfish near Raton, New Mexico? I need some help!!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by whiskerchaser, Jun 15, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Hi fellow brothers well I am 14 and am really into catfishing so far I have caught a bunch of small eatin size channels but nothing big. I caught one 18lb channel but didnt have a camera at the time so I just released him to grow. But anyway to my point that i need help with can all of u guys help me out a little? I really wanna fish for some flatheads or shovelheads!!!:cool2: But my problem is I live in Raton, NM and there is like 5 lakes within 50miles but all they have is, Springer lake has pike, perch, carp, bullhead, and channels, lake maloya, lake allis, and cherette lake only have trout and perch, and lake 13 or maxwell lake has walleye, perch, trout, and channel, Stubblefield has largemouth bass, perch, bluegill, walleye, and channel cats. Then lake 14 some lake way back up towards maxwell is really muddy and all i have ever hear come out of there are just mud cat or bullhead theres gotta be something else in there.:angry: And clayton lake has some largemouth bass, trout, walleye, and channel cat. So Wat I am Asking is, is there any lakes anyone knows of within 100 miles that has flatheads?:confused2: :sad2: