Flathead catfish invasion on West Point Lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by baitshop 2, Sep 16, 2007.

1. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    WEST POINT HAS BEEN A SPLASHING AND BREAKING LINES AND NETS THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS ON WEST POINT LAKE.The lake is low so any travel above 219 bridge use extreme caution but the fish are biting great the pic here are of old mother hubbard and her 31lb 6 oz flat head caught yesterday she also had already caught 6 more fish that was 8 to 20lbs they came off the water ate lunch went back and got this one before 3 pm...great job it was caught on a ambassadeur 6000 6"6 rod 12 lb test line .45 min she had her trophy. they have been catching about 10 to 15 a day on black saltys ,gold fish shad ,and bream . so now is time to get out and enjoy the lake.

Attached Files:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Some Folks have all the Luck,LOL Congrat's Send some of that luck up this way will Ya? J.D.:big_smile:

3. Roll Tide Roll

Roll Tide Roll New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Took the munchkin fishing this weekend, and he was about to beat me like nobody's business, until a 5 lb blue decided to hit a piece of bream I had thrown out to see if there were any decent size catfish were out there. I don't know who was more excited, me, or my son.

He landed 3 bass, 2 crappie, and about 20 slab size bream.

4. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    scott i love to here about people that take the kids out they all need a little of what the good lord has given us.....we must pass on the great outdoors to all the kids ......:smile2:

5. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    catfis still hitting great had anther 28lber brought in yesterday.......:tounge_out::smile2::big_smile:

6. Roll Tide Roll

State:
    Georgia
    dang it,

I want to hit Westpoint now.

7. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    It sure would be nice to hook into some of those Westpoint flatheads. :0a32::0a23:

8. Roll Tide Roll

State:
    Georgia
    I am trying to keep him from getting hooked on video games and tv. I am honestly hoping to have the money to come down to the gathering at West Point on the 28th. I want him to camp, fish, and be outside, not vegging out in front of the tv.

9. Shizzam

Shizzam New Member

State:
    Lancaster,Pa.
    Thats what I am talking about. Send some up here too.

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Are you getting those flatheads throughout the lake, or are they mainly in the upper portion? Those are some nice fish