Flathead catfish in the northeast - can anyone tell me

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by thomcat, Sep 1, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    can anyone tell me why there is no flatheads up north?? where is the point in america where they are and where there not? i would love to take a fishin trip somewhere where they are. Just wonderin why there is none up here in pa.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho

3. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    where are you in PA because my buddy is in pittsburgh and he catches flats alot and some nice ones to.

4. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Flathead catfish are native in western PA, but not in the rest of the state. However, they have migrated or been released into the Susquehanna River, mostly below the Harrisburg area. I'm sure they've been released elsewhere as well, just haven't grown into a large population yet.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Yes if ya post in your profile what city you are from it can be a great help for others that WANT TO HELP.

:wink:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    thomas,

there are plenty of flatheads here in Philadelphia and the Schuylkill River. I've gotten 2 fish over 25lbs this week. there are also plenty of flatheads out west. You just need to stick to these waters:: the Ohio, Allegheny, Mohoganela, Susquehana (lower portion) and of course my home water the Schuylkill ( lower portion).

7. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    Ive Seen One Of Your Threads Saying You Use Liver And Crawlers Try Some Live Bait Bluegills, Shad, Skip Jack,gold Fish,suckers.try Some Of Those And I Think Youll See A Difrence.

8. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I caught three flatheads tonight in the "tropical storm", just north of Philly.

They are around... just have to find the right areas.