Flathead Catfish in Prespawn?????

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Blacky, May 4, 2006.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Do you think the flatheads are in prespawn mode now?????

What is the most consecutive skunking you guys had flathead fishing???

Me 8

2. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep here in Mid-TN there on the move

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A fews years ago, I do believe I went 10 straight trips without a flathead..Now I am lucky to fish 10 times a year....They should be on the feed here in ohio soon.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im not sure about other waters but where I fish in the Ohio river they usually go into spawn when water temp is about 70. My best luck has come during pre-spawn when they are aggressively feeding in the shallows before the spawn.

5. Justin

Justin New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We usually start going after pre-spawn flatheads really heavily about mid-way through the crappie spawn. On one particular trip we caught three flatheads over 40 pounds before the crappie were finished spawning. Were just now starting to go after them so hopefully we'll have another incredible year this year. Spring and Fall are our favorite time of the year to catch monster flatheads. I like that the flathead fishing kicks off every year after a long winter with pre-spawn. Start things off with a bang guys!:0a23:

6. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

Tan,
    I didn't get any flatheads when I went on Tuesday night, but I am planning on going again tonight for channels and maybe for flatheads too. The water peaked at 70 today, they should really be biting, but who knows. Plus they have been seen in the fish ladder a lot.

7. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Water here on the missouri river (NWMO)just at 60, should start boatin more flats soon. YEA.......ur humble servant beartrap:smile2: