Flathead catfish in Mississinewa Reservoir?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kyron4, Jun 28, 2006.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Are there any Flatheads in the Mississinewa reservoir ? Manily around/ off the dam and surrounding coves ? -thanks

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've heard they are in there, it just takes a lot of patience because they aren't incredibly populous there, but hopefully what I'm hearing is just rumors and some other members can answer this for you.

3. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah they are in there. I've only caught 3 or 4 from there but they are in it.

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    They're in there, I caught a few a couple of weeks ago that were kinda small but good for the frying pan. I was fishing in a cove over by the beach. I caught them on nightcrawler. I heard a good place was down the hill from the observation tower by the dam. I was down there today to check it out but I didn't do any fishing. It looks like someone has been down there fishing with cut bait.

5. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    same here, there in the lake. i've catfished the river for years and i've hooked many of nice flathead and have seen alot of big flats come out of there.