Flathead catfish in Michigan - 6/1-6/2

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, Jun 3, 2006.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I've seen some some great fishing for Flatheads in the past two days! I fished until 2:00am on Thursday night and caught 4 Flatheads ranging 8-18 lbs, and last night two buddies and I fished from 8:00pm until 6:00am this morning and caught a dozen Flatheads. We got one that went just over 30lbs and another that was just over 20. Several in the 6-8lb range. Also got a really nice Channel cat at around 5:00 am, a 14lb'er. We caught the Flatheads on both live and cut baits. Interestingly, the largest fish took a small piece of cut bait, while the smallest Flathead I ever caught took a 10 inch long live bait. That little 4 lb Flathead smacked the heck out of that bait!! We had a great night on the river and the bugs left us alone for the most part.

Heres some pics from the past 2 days fishing.

Dan

Attached Files:

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Congrats. Still searching for my first flathead. Hopefully it will happen this year.:roll_eyes:

3. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Those are great photos Riverkat! I'll bet that big boy gave you a run for your money. Congrats on a great night of fishing!

4. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Congratulations Dan! It's always nice to see some good flathead pictures from this state! Keep them coming! It looks like you have the honey hole...

Vic

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Nice! Healthy looking fish, too. Usually when I get a 18+, it looks like it's been fighting with snappers in the rip-rap!

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Fantastic!

That looks healthy and like it wanted to rip your arms outta their sockets.

Thanks for sharing those with us!

Sal