Flathead catfish in Gardner Lake?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SPECTRE, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SPECTRE

SPECTRE New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ok, I have been hearing a lot about Flatheads being caught in Gardner Lake. To my knowledge there are not any Flathead in Gardner. The reason I started this thread is to find out what some other people think about this and to see if anyone has actually caught a Flat at Gardner.

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I have never heard about one being caught in there, but they HAVE to be in there.

3. SPECTRE

SPECTRE New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I agree, one would think they would be there. When we fish Gardner lake (we being myself and Shelbygt1979) we use both cut and live bluegill and sometimes perch. We do really good with large Channels. Hopefully if they are there we will get the pleasure of landing one.

4. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    All 3 caught at Gardner -including the middle one- last time I was home on leave....late april sometime. (Yes I released them)

Attached Files:

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Kyle,
    Those fish are all channel cats.

I have heard from people who say they've caught flatheads out of Gardner. But I have never seen one. I agree there has to be some in there.

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Maybe we should get the KDWP to do a nice electrofishing survey? Get enough people that think they should confirm there are flatheads in there and then they might have to do it. Or just fish it like crazy :wink:

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    hahah, whoops sorry, I wasn't positive, I've never really been good at identifying cats, or payed much attention, but when he asked I went threw and looked at my gardner lake pics and thought that middle one looked like a flathead. My bad!