Flathead catfish in Dillon Lake?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Game_Of_Inches, May 20, 2007.

1. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know that Dillon has a ton of channels in there but has anyone had any success catching shovels out of Dillon?

2. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    I'm not convenced that there are any channels yet!?!?!?

Yellow Bellys I can atest for!

3. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not convinced that there is much of anything in Dillion. The lake needs completely drained, dredged out hardcore, and then allowed to fill back up with water and maybe stocked with some respectable fish!!!!

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    there are plenty quality sized fish in dillon lake if the time is taken to learn the lake and know what and when the fish are doing

5. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Tony,

I agree. The weather didn't helps us any last weekend either. I wish we would have hit the river Sat. night.

I'll be back over there sometime and hit Buckey as well!!!

6. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Eli,just let me know when you will be at buckeye and we will try to get you onto a nice mess of fish

7. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Tony,

I have knee surgey this Thursday so I'll be down for a while but when I heal I'll take you up on that for sure.

Thanks,

"Big Eli"

8. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live right beside Dillon in Nashport. I've fished it a couple of time you could say. Compared to other lakes I have fished Dillon doesn't even come close. I have had a lot of luck in the past with crappie and blue gill. I have a ball catching them, but if I want to go to a good bass lake I look else where. I think its funny when I read the paper and see the results from the wednesday evening tournaments. Usually 4 fish with a total weight of 3 1/2 lbs wins and the "big" bass is won with a 2 pounder. I've fished for channels out of the Licking and have caught some good ones so I know theres atleast channels floating around Dillon.

9. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    well at least dillon has some good flathead bait in the small bass population dillon has lol

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    boys, listen hear... i have been fishing the lower end of dillon for years, i promise you there is big flats in that lake. my first 26 pounder came from above the falls, and i know he didn't climb the rocks! lol:lol: However, i don't think you can put it with Salt Fork and Senecca. But, i know there has to be some brutes hanging in there. I have seen other quality fish from the places i fish 30-40 plus pounds. don't over look the ole girl! yall will hear bout the biggun dat u passed!! rollo

11. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I agree, I have fished alot of those wdnesday nighters. It gets real frustrating when you have a hard time puttin together a limit of 12" keepers for weigh in....You would think that if it held some big flatties there wouldnt be as many small bass in there..But believe me its loaded with 8-10" fish...............

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I've fished a handful of times for flatheads on Dillon when the river is unsafe but have yet to even get a run. The only thing I can think is to fish the channel or durring the spawn target the rocks at the dam. Once the water heats up and stratifies deep water kills baits. If you ever figure them out give me a ring lol.