flathead catfish in delaware lake?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catmandoo22, Jul 27, 2009.

1. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    would there be any flatheads in delaware lake? may be a stupid question but if so.......where would they be so i can start reelin em out? i fish from the bank.:0a35:

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i cant help ya there but im sure someone will chime in and give ya some info

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've heard yes there are flats there but I am not sure on how many were put into that system. Not even sure if they were stocked by odnr. Good luck I am sure someone can tell you for sure tho.

4. SteelWolve

SteelWolve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive heard of a couple (2nd hand word), and know of a small one caught below the dam once. As with most of the resevoirs around central ohio there are probally a small population, but not to the extent of the MWCD lakes. The good news is they seem to be reproducing at Hoover, I have seen or heard of at least 5 being CPR'd this year.

5. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice to know theres som flats around this area....ill try to target them next time. seems like theres alot more channels than anything round here...thanx for the help guys

6. capt of the Floater

capt of the Floater New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't know about delaware but I did catch a 3 lber out of hoover on 7-18 on a gill head. don't know much about catching them in lakes. just was in the right spot at the right time. do you have a boat to fish out of or are u stuck to the bank?

7. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im stuck on the bank man.....no boat yet.....iv had pretty good luck so far though......lotta channels

8. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I do not know about Delaware either, but I am interested to hear about them in Hoover. It only takes me less than 10 minutes to get to Hoover. :)

Unfortunately, the 130hp of my boat, is a bit over the 9.9 allowed on Hoover. I can't stand fishing on the bank...that's why I bought a boat!:big_smile:

9. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    id like to get a boat here soon.....until then if ya need some company im in marion..

10. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Wow, Marion. You have it much worse than I do, when it comes to a trip to the Ohio. :)

11. Deftones2015

Deftones2015 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im in marion aslo, its a drive to any place that's worth fishin at least 30 mins or so.

12. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    only places to go really is waldo and delaware....u been having any luck?