Flathead Catfish Handgrabbing Pic

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Dosse, May 4, 2006.

1. Dosse

Dosse New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hi, im new here to the forum, i love all kinds of catfishing from rod n reel, trotlines, handgrabbing, you name it i especially love flathead cats. I figured i would start things off with a picture i took of one of my friends tossing a big flathead in the boat from last summer during a handgrabbing trip. By the way we we release 90% of the fish we grab and the pictured fish swam away to do battle another day. Fish weighed in at 60lbs

http://www.mdwfp.com/ImageUploads/Doss%20E/Handgrabbin%20action%20photo.jpg

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC,I'm sure you'll like it here.One warning though,this place is addicting!!! That is a real nice flat you got there,glad to know you let him go to fight another day!

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    wow, handgrabbing is amazing. I would be worn on from a fight on rod 'n' reel, let alone having him bite down on me. excellent pic!

4. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Welcome to the BOC and you will find lots of threads about Noodling in the Oklahoma section.

5. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is his arm almost all the way to the shoulder or is that just the way it looks in the picture.

6. Dosse

Dosse New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    He is about that far down in the fish the angle does make i look farther than it actually is though. but we garb them like that especially on a big fish that we wanna get on the scale, lip grabbing a big one will result in a better chance of losing the fish. Even though it looks rough, we very rarely do any harm to the fish. If you wear a glove you can injure them when you pull your arm out. or at least thats my experience.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member. If you need help getting a profile picture up let me know.

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    welcome to the BOC,great pic and glad to know you released that monster back to fight again.but i will stick to a rod and reel for those bigguns

9. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Do you have the fish or does he have you?

10. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Doss, welcome to the BOC, great picture.

11. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Great pic Doss! If you don't mind me asking, where's that at?

12. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Very nice fish; it looks very painful!!:eek:oooh:

13. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thats just amazing. You guys puting stinkbait on your fingers for an attractant,lol?:big_smile: Nice fish and great pic to.

14. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    That is AWESOME! I don't think I could noodle, but I love watching it. Thanks for the picture and we are thrilled to have you here at the BOC!

15. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Great picture Doss and welcome to the BOC.

16. bigbuba

bigbuba New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    thats a real nice flat head

17. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great picture! But you guys are nuts!!! Looks like you're having a good time. Welcome...but be warned...this site is very addictive!! Good to have you...send more pics as you get them.

18. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    Man I Bet That Is One Heck Of A Rush- Never Done It, But Have Caught A Gator

19. Rob Heflin

Rob Heflin New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks for posting that pic over here, Doss.

But don't you tell these folks where it came from or they'll be after him too :lol:

'fore we know it, all of them hillbillies will be wanting to relocate to God's Country!

20. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC. That's one big brute of a flathead. One that big would be insane on rod and reel, I could only imagine trying to pull it out of the water on my arm. Congrats. And way to go on the CPR:big_smile: