Flathead catfish found above Fallmouth on the Susquehanna in decent numbers

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ssskinner27, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Hey guys I just read this and saw that they Shocked the river above Harrisburg on the Dauphin Narrows Portion of the river and read this excerpt

Our Top 10 Late Summer Catfish Hotspots

Channel cats may be found in both the West and North Branch of the Susquehanna, but the main stem of the river provides perhaps the most consistent action. The Dauphin Narrows portion of the river, just above Harrisburg at Marysville, is a popular channel catfishing area. Recently, when the PFBC electro-shocked the Marietta portion of the river, it revealed good numbers of channel cats, plus quite a few flatheads as well.

The Marietta portion of the Susquehanna may be accessed by boat from either the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission's Marietta access or the East Donegal Township ramp at its river front park.

WooHoo Hell yeah thats not far I am definately there I just hope I can find where they are at anyone else know where these suckers are hiding. They gotta be all the way up to me if they are up that far already There are no dams up the Juniata and the next Dam on the Susky is in Selinsgrove

2. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Sorry guys it looked like they were shocking it above harrisburg but they only shocked it in Marietta