flathead catfish float on the white river on 29th/30th

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by liplifter, Aug 24, 2009.

1. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Gonna float down on saturday night,short float with alotta good holes.must have canoe or shallow water boat.leave ramp between 3-4 on sat.will have a pickup vehice downstream waiting sunday.lotsa blues and flatties.we go from noblesville to 146th st. if you want you can float down to 116thst and catch alotttta smallies.Had a few over 4 this year.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jon i hope you had a good time on your float trip this weekend ,be safe an get a biggun :wink:

3. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    where are you finding blues out of white up here. never caught one and never heard of anyone catching any, and i fish there alot.

4. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    every blue I catch up there is in fast water,I catch alot of them.in the 4-8lb range.behind beavers pit the between jordan and cicero creek.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I sure would like to have more Blues in the White River From Broad Ripple to Spencer.. That would be nice!!!!!!!!

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've heard of folks talk of catching them.... I just ain't caught any or seen any caught in over the two decades I've been fishing the white.... but! I'd've never thought there'd be skippies and stripers either until I seen them with my own eyes this year.

7. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    farthest up i have seen one caught was paragon. but dont think they could get through the dams at indy except from a spring flood. i figured i would have done seen at least one be caught because they have tourneys at riverside and broadripple all the time. at least twice a month if not three times a month since april. and there are some deep holes at riverside.

8. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    is there a specific reason why there aren't many blues in the white its probably an obvious answer but i dont kno much about them.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    they seam to thrive in large rivers better. i dont know why that is though.

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    like river scum said they like big rivers either for the faster current and or deeper holes

11. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    go down to worthington and south all the way to the bash and you will catch them all the time. plenty of deep holes down that way.

12. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a few fast holes up there that are all blues,I've had limb lines snapped in white water up there.

13. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Looks like rain this wknd.I doesn't bother me but I'm taking the boy...Sooo looks lke it may be an all nighter on eagle creek.

14. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    well skipped the river and went out and drifted the creek for about 4 hrs got 4 12-14 in channels and the biggest softshell i've seen in awhile ,the boy's had fun w/ the softie they thought they had on a monster it was about 16" across it' shell.