Flathead Catfish fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by jasonhumble7, Aug 19, 2009.

1. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey guys just got hooked up with this site. Went to upper salt above rosev last week only had one good run. when i got it to the boat i saw my blue gill come flying out of the water. Never really catfished till recently, after you hook a flat head you are addicted. Well just looking for some good spots on the upper salt?

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC. Check the Arizona Forum for more.:wink:

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC glad to have you aboard .

4. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    welcome. but you fish on the other side of the moon from me. theres some guys here that can help but i only know pleas and bart. good luck.

5. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks, ya me and my buddy terry lewis fish up their at horseshoe alot right down the road bartle. We have been looking into pleasent trying to figure out how to get back their and were to fish.

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    how big of a boat u got?

7. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    Welcome to the boc, lot's of good info on here dont be shy ask and you will get what you need. good luck on the water.

8. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    when we go to rosev we just rent a boat out their. But we are looking into pleseant and balrtlet because we heard you can just fish the shore. Terry and i were talking about going to pleasent either this weekend or next. were just looking to find some flattys

9. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    pleasant is full of them. but i think if you want to shore fish try bart. and even give under the dam a thought to. i just got my 4x4 back so im gonna try below bart 2. soon. its the only place at that lake with runnin water. good luck, let me know.

10. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    lilmonster is right there is a nice hole right on the back side of barts dam just dont take ur grandma there is alot of rocks u have to walk across to get to the dam

11. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So just go one the river side of the dam? where at?
    Thanks

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the BOC..... great place, and better folks...

I get down to Yuma and the Colorado River... (bout 280 miles from my place at the Beach near Los Angles.)..several times a year...

:006::0a18::0a17::0a23:

Bayrunner Ray

13. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    as your going in to bart before you get to main ramp turn right on the dirt road and take it around. you can turn off as soon as you pass the srp gates into river bed and go a ways to water. better have 4x4. or go down it will wind to a one way road. and when it circles the river is within 10-30 yards depending on where you park. good luck hope it helps.:tounge_out:

14. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    good post lilmonster, did you end up going fishing on monday?

15. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sweet thanks

16. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    no man i slipped and hurt my back again what bout you and g-dog?

17. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hay jayson i will tell u another good spot u pass it if u fish below horseshoe when u are going to horseshoe there is a cattle pin on the left hand side when u get to the bottom of the hill well there is a road that goes to the right it is the road that the rancher uses to cross the river well if u turn right on that road there is another road that y's to the right if u take that road it will take u back down the river u have to cross the river once and there is a big rock stiking up in the middle of the river. i always catch flatts right in front of that rock the current splitts around each side of it and thay hang in front. but u have to have a serious 4x4 lots of soft sand and river rock

18. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks chad,
    Ya i go below horseshoe a couple times a month. i Think i know of the cattel pin you are talking about. Its on that dirt gravel road that takes you to the dam right? Hey if you want to go anytime in the next to weeks im off work just let me know.
    THanks for the info bro.

19. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah thats the one its right across from the ranch. i havent hit the river in a while i have been playing with my pontoon i have had a couple of boats but a toon is really the way to go. work has been slow lately but i would like to go to pleasent thats were is been going on latley. my buddy was up in the salt a month ago and a guy there pulled out a 62#er bellow the deversion dam

20. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thats a huge fish bro. well let me know if you want to go sometime soon.