flathead catfish eats channel catfish lmao

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by gamaCatsu, Jan 5, 2010.

1. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    i duno who this guy is? maybe hes a member on here? but i came across his youtube and this video is quite funny first time ive ever seen a flathead eat a channel!!

he explains the story behind the matter... haha all started with a goldfish!

[youtubevid]xiNFxcrp_y8[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
  2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I liked that video.I never tried channels for bait before.That may be changing this year!

3. Bassmaster9863

Bassmaster9863 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    hAha thats awesome thanks for sharing

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'M going to try that this spring!!!

5. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
  6. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    Thanks. That was funny...

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    YA.. That guy is one of the better flathead men on the planet for sure!!!

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Steve !! Is it Roy Hoops? This guys stands at the top of the ranks when it comes to flatheads and has done so foryrs, Haven't heard much about him in the last couple yrs, though.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks for sharing the video . iv seen many a fish get eaten by other fish . cleaned cats and found other cats in their stomach i found a blue about 8 inches and a flathead bout 4 inches in the stomach of a 15 lb flathead iv cleaned a 20 lb blue and found the 8 inch shad i was useing for bait plus pieces of what i thought were 4 smaller blues bout 6 inches each . i saved 5 flatheads to clean one night put them in my live well with four hand size blue gill drove 15 miles back to the house pulled the cats out cut their throats to bleed out before felleting them figured id clean my blue gills but they were gone lol found them in my flatheads

10. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    boys i have used channel cats along with bull heads for bait for years now. i know the other guys i have fished with off this site do and have as well... best way i have found to fish them is under a float with the horns cut off. they are so hearty they will stay alive, while at the same time bleeding really good putting off plenty of scent. however you fish them, just like a sucker, you need

to keep it off the bottom, even if just a few inches. if you dont they will bury themselves in the sand making it hard for the bigger fish to eat them. i would take a sqeeker for flat head bait just as quick if not quicker than a large gill.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    LOL, Yea,,

I had a LM bass 4# weighed,, and a Flathead decided to eat him!!!

You can bet my clicker was a screaming!!!

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Same thing happened to a buddy of mine a couple of years ago. Pretty cool.

13. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have read that some fish (not sure but wouldn't be surprised if cats can do it also) can eat other fish upto 3/4 of their length.

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    meat eating fish have a short digestive tract its works very fast that allows them to eat more regularly . back in my other post on here the blue gill that my flats ate were to far gone to salvage i wasnt on the road more than twenty minutes and they had digested their meal my gill fellets lol so yeah i could see a catfish eating another 3/4 his length .

15. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah. Flats will eat just about anything that swims. Eating machines.

16. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I think so?? I would have to go through some of my magazines to find out for sure but I think your right.

He is a mad man!!!............"LETS PUT THIS "LITTLE" 50 LBER BACK TO GET BIGGER"..... LMAO!!!!

17. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Never had that happen before but most people don't leave a catfish on their lines long enough for a Flattie to nab it.

Oddest thing that ever happened to me is I caught 2 catfish an hour apart in two different spots and both had a stringer attached .... I caught 8 cats and got two new stringers that day

18. DARK30

DARK30 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Robby (katchaser) from Ohio filmed that. I guess he had a goldfish out and the channel ate it..then the mudeye came along.

19. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Having grown up in West Virginia, I fished the Gauley River quite a bit. I was fishing off the bank in Gauley Bridge using nightcrawlers with my rod set in a forked stick. Got a small bite but it only lasted for a second. About a minute or so later, my rod almost goes into the water. I grab the rod and after a good fight I reel in about a 5 pound flathead. When I opened the flathead's mouth to get the hook, there was a small flathead looking up at me! Guess the little guy ate the worm then the bigger flathead ate him.

20. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i have been using channels for flatsheads for bout 10yr grandpa got me started using them what i found thats works well is slicing or pokin the gut pocket alittle just so juices start flowing then hook em in the anus and send them out