Flathead Catfish: Darn Flathead catfish ate my channel catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by bigpapa15206, Sep 16, 2005.

1. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    I went fishing a couple days ago and soem how managed to catch a tiny flathead about 4-5" long on a 2-3" shad? (man are they aggressive) well anyhow, i managed to catch a 3" channel on a worm, it was crazy. So i take the two little guys home to start a catfish aquarium. I went to check on them the next day and the damn flathead ate the channel. Poor little guy, one minute their buddies, he turns his back and hes lunch. Where the hell am i gonna get another channel that size!?!

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds to me like you need one a little bigger,LOL!!!

3. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I'm speechless. LMAO!!!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like that Flathead will grow big & strong with an appetite like that! LOL

5. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    thats how they roll in PA. I hope not to fast, i would like to have him for a while.

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    That's terrible man. I feel bad for the little guy. :crying:

7. Txboy

Txboy New Member

State:
    Hewitt , TX
    Hey buddy can you help me out i got something stuck in my mouth * Eats channel *

8. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    yeh i was kinda sad about it and so was my girl she was like "aww why did he do that, you better get rid of him!" can we please have a moment of silence for the lil guy. :crying:

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ok, The silence is over now, LMAO!!! Fish will be fish and that is what they do "eat other fish" !!!

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man set a camcorder up next time. that would be a great video.

11. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    thats the whole reason i took him home. im gonna study him. he is so sweet lookin and mean as hell. whenever i put my hand in there he goes bazirk. Im gonna try and watch him when i turn the lights off and see if he he comes out to hunt

12. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LMAO that is funny. Set up a webcam on the aquarium next time so we can all see that.

13. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    scales? i dont think no stinkin scales are gonna stop the "monster in the making"

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    no, but if it has scales, it's bait, therefore it is flathead fodder

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    now thats funny :D

16. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    i was thinking about that but i want to be able to keep him for as long as possible. If i do that he will grow to big for his living environment. I will occasionally feed him more than he needs, just to see if he will eat it anyway. The main reason i kept him his to study their habits. Next time you catch a small one, do the same. Im sure you will learn from him.

17. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    Call me thick but i still dont get it? :confused:

18. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    my buddy had a couple cats in his tank.........your gonna be suprised how fast they grow, in just a week your gonna notice a difference......we would feed them lil feeder goldies........that was fun, although they did most the killing once the lights went out.....he actually got them out of a bucket of bass minnows from the baitshop......every now and then there might be a lil cat in there.......

19. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    That funny please get a video

20. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    we always catch little channels and put them in our tanks. the do grow fast. have only been able to catch one flathead and made the mistake of putting it in with some bigger bluegills. he was alright for the first couple of weeks but one day he just disappeared. i think the big green sunfish ate him. i felt so bad for the little guy. the next nigh i ended up using the sunfish for bait and caught a 5 pound channel with him. ha ha revenge is sweet!