Flathead Catfish/Crappie 10-20=09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by perrycounty.in, Oct 20, 2009.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out this morning about 7am and caught my limit of crappie before 10am. Then i headed to the river and ended up catchin 4 flatheads biggest was 10#'s. Not really picture worthy but i took one of the 10#er anyway. I caught the flatheads on crappie heads from a few of the smaller ones I caught, it was worth a few fillets to see some flatheads, its been awhile since I caught one.

Attached Files:

2. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    my brotherinlaw went to a lodge in Minnesota where they clean the fish for you, and he said they didn't believe him when he asked for the crappie and gill heads. The boy at the cleaning station had to call and ask if he could do that.:big_smile:

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice to see some picks regardless and see that you are catching some. How close to levenworth are you aaron.

4. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana

About 45 mins or so.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey congrats on the awesome day crappie fishing. and getting some flatties. how big were most of your crappie?

6. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana

Almost all of them where in the 10"-13" range. I caught a ton of little ones early then ran into the bigger ones on one of my favorite stump clumps :wink:

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    When are you wanting to come up here?

8. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    Im going to a auction this weekend and next your going on the skippy run i quess after that we can figure something out, you can only fish during the weekends right?

9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I can prob. get one day out during the week. As long as I know when, you want to go. My wife gets to take the kids to work with here 2 days a month for free. Should have my trolling motor any day now. That is the only thing I need to get my boat back on the water. We should be able to troll in a sunomi.lol

10. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    Soon as you get the trolling motor PM me and we'll set something up, that would work best for me during the week but if you can't i understand

11. garr catcher

garr catcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    well it looks like the fish won over deer hunting this morning sounded like a good day to be on the water too bad i had to work:sad2:eek:ff the next 2 days need to go try out my new pole on some crappie:wink:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  12. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    What happened to leaving it out of the water and working on it?:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
  14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    wat to go man! i was on the crapy myself today also:wink: