Flathead catfish coming out of Kaskaskia River below spillway

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bondman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    they are starting to catch some nice flats from below the spillway at carlyle I have not gone yet but my friend who lives about 10 miles away has informed me that they are starting to turn on should be a good year as the water has been way up letting them move up to the spillway..
    bondman

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the update. I may try to hit it early Sunday AM right at daylight before the crowds move in.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Henry Thanks for the update. Good to know.:lol: :big_smile:

4. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I think all of the catfish everywhere in Central Illinois will start to be catchable in the next couple of weeks. I have been catching a few channels but not like I expect to real soon. Flatheads will be moving also. They will be hungary and ready to hit some good bait!

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Henry if you head out that way let me know. Would like to hit that with you sometime.
    Later Tim

6. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Gentlemen, if you go, go to spend the night. Went down Sunday moring at 530 and there were already nine "fisherman" trying for white bass right beside the wall. They hung me numerous times before I lost my temper. Just packed my things and left. If I would have let them they would have sat on my lap to cast. Went last night and the water level is the lowest of the year. Fished for 2 hrs without a bite. Will be there either friday or sat all night. Pm me if you would like to meet.

Cant wait and bring the gills, haha

Dru

7. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Good luck down there, let me know how it turns out. I will be going to the Chain of Rocks tomorrow early evening until early Sunday morning.

8. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i'm going to try and get up there tomorrow sometime. not sure what time though.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    John, I'll be taking my dad up there, too. We'll be hopping around (Hazlet, Boulder, etc). Would like to hit the spillway, but I'm afraid it will be too crowded. If I don't bump into you, good luck!

10. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks you too, might bump into each other.

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Caught a nice 8# channel on a 7" live shad and a 2# channel on Sonny's yesterday morning at the spillway. Hooked several gar and got my bait pecked to death by drum, carp, and small channels.