Flathead Catfish bait

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Aug 20, 2008.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Someone sent these pics to me a little earlier. Not sure what body of water he was on when the pictures were made. :big_smile:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The pics are NOT showing up, Tommy.
    BB in SC

3. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Bill. I had a senior moment.., again.

Attached Files:

• FTI.jpg
      FTI.jpg
      File size:
      126.5 KB
      Views:
    • FTII.jpg
      FTII.jpg
      File size:
      136.8 KB
      Views:
  4. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    looks like both of them lost that battle! we had a similar incident where I work we have a small lake in front of the building and there was a large mouth bass that floated up on shore with a channel cat in his throat with the fins sticking out of both gills

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Tommy you shouldn't have posted that, I know a couple fellas that will build turtle tanks now to have bait.LOL.....Right Catchaser!!......Good post and better pix..Thanks Tommy..

6. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Wonder what the last thing going through that turtle's head was? :haha:

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That just goes to show you if they are hungry you can put a TERD on the hook and catch them. Matter fact I believe that is all that stinkbait is.:smile2:

8. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Now thats an idea!:cool2:

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is pretty impressive! Thanks for the post

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I caught a 20 pound class flattie last night and he barfed this bit of "forage" up in the back of my boat:crazy: fish pics 441.jpg

Looks like a digested catfish--maybe it is a bass:big_smile:

11. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Rodger, I'm pretty sure I saw something like that on SciFi a couple of nights back. :big_smile:

12. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    yeah it was nasty:smile2:

13. MossyBack

MossyBack New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A few years ago, my buddy and I fished the Cabelas Classic on Pickwick/Wilson and caught a 34# blue. Once we put him in the live well, I turned to my buddy and said man that fish stinks. After a while, I opened up the livewell and the stink about knocked me over and the water was in real bad shape. We wound up empting and refilling our livewell about a dozen times that day. While we were in the weigh-in line, next to go infact, all heck breaks loose in the livewell and I look inside and there is a decomposed striper in the livewell. As it turns out, it weighed about 12#'s because our 34# blue only weighed 22#s on the scales. The stink never left the livewell so we went down the the landing to clean it out. While we were working on it, a cop came by to see what we were doing and once that smell hit him, he said to have a good day and hauled butt. I don't know how long it was in there but it had to have been there for a while to smell that bad. Goes to show you that cats aren't just bottom feeders like so many people think!

14. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great pics Tommy, thanks.:smile2:

15. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey folks, this pic was sent to me for investigation. I have forgotten who sent it right now. It is clearly a fish, probably a catfish with a nail or spike in it's head. Look closely. It came out of the blue's belly. Amazing.

I have seen a variety of "things" in catfish stomachs that are a little unusual. Webbed feet, bird bodies, turtles, unidentifiable bones that look like chicken thigh bones, and flatheads with other catfish spines sticking through the belly to the outside are just some.

Attached Files:

16. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hey, Amanda, haven't heard much out of you in quite a while. Hope you guys are doing well.

Jim, that is really weird. I would like to have seen that one. Thanks