Flathead catfish at Charles Mill

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGcatjakeJR, Jun 9, 2008.

1. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    does anyone know where to find big flatheads at charels mill.I just started fishing for flats im coming of a very bad start..Whats the best way to catch them,and which spot....please write back:wink:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm not real familiar with Charles Mill even though I live pretty close to it. There are a few members on here that will help you with the lake.

Welcome aboard!

3. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for writing back....bro:wink:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For me anyway lake flatheads are very hard to catch...I can find them much easier on rivers.

Even expert lake flathead anglers may fish many nights for one fish.

5. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Justin, Ive fished Charles Mills quite a bit. Never for flatties but have caught many good sized channel cats. Go to the bait shop there in Miflin and talk to the locals that hang out there. They might point you to a good spot. MudJack and myself will be doing a lot of cat fishing there this summer, we are also new to Flathead fishing and both have heard good stories about Charles Mill. Ive heard of people catching flatties at the dam and also at the marina, my aunt has a pontoon boat there and about 4 years ago I seen a guy take a 45-50lb flattie off the end of their dock. Hope I have been a little help. If you ever wanna meet up at the Mill, PM me and ill give ya my cell #.

6. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    The best hole is inside the park near the Marina and they run you out at 10pm, plus they charge you during the day. The only way to catch the 30 plus is to crappie fish with a tiny minnow:wink:.

7. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    You go to the bait shop and they always tell you they are biting and down at the spillway or Marina. It is true that is were alot of them are caught. The majority are by caught by individuals jigging for crappies or saugeye, and of course by the bobber riggin for crappies. They all weigh over 30lb, so the story goes.

8. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    You got that right brother!

9. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    I got a 46lb flat last year fishing the 430 bridge using cut shad it was sept though and it was more luck than anything that i caught it. They are in there but in the last four years I've only caught one.

10. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    good luck on you flathead adventures. I wanna know where to catch them a charles mill too.

11. K.P.76

K.P.76 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I been fishing Charles Mill for quite some time. From my knowledge, the best places to catch any catfish is under 430 bridge (mainly at night), down by the dam (prefferably casting inside the walls) or either of the off spots on your way down to the dam at night. I have also heard stories about the marina and down by molly's cheese house. For flatheads.... Never caught one. But down by the dam if you cast inside the walls, best right by the spillway where the water flows out, with a live blue gill or chub... Your bound to catch something big.

12. bendingpole

bendingpole New Member

Look online for a depth map of Charles mill there's a few great holes but one would need a boat to get there