Flathead biting on Chiakaski River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill D Curtis, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Caught a 20 lbs flathead and two 15 lbs blues all on perch, Saturday night around 10 o'clock!

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Sounds like you had some fun. Are you getting alot rain down your way.

3. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    TOO MUCH the river keeps going up and down but still alot of fish being caught

4. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I went down and fished that river last summer and couldn't find a place that was not on someones property to fish. I ended up at the diversion dam and fished there for a while. I am pretty sure that I might have been trespassing but I was among several people there. It was a place my dad showed me. Are there any public places to fish or do people mind if you go to their land? I was asking my dad and he did not seem to know, but he told me he spent a lot of time messing around on that river when he was a kid. A lot of the roads that I went down said no fishing or that I was trespassing and being from out of state I did not want to risk anything. I would bet on it that this is a great river that few know about or fish.

5. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    There is lots of acsess to the river around but fishing at the diverson dam is one of my favorites in high water

6. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Thanks I don't get to fish it often, but it looks like a great spot. We usually end up on the north side of Kaw, or below the dam.