Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some ideas for good bank fishing spots for Flathead in the Olathe area? I'm trying to find some spots where I can more consistently get into some flatheads. I've fished Olathe Lake and Cedar Lake alot with no luck not sure if I'm just fishing in the wrong spots or if they just aren't in there. Any good spots for bank fishing or tips would be highly appreciated. If anyone in the area knows of some spots and wants to go fish sometime I'm open to that too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I gave up on Lake Olathe years ago. Used to fish the south end flats and the coves on the east side and did okay with live bait but I think it's a little fished out and full of turtles. I fished Hillsdale quite a bit with varying success from the banks. Either the causeway on the east side or the shallow flats on the west side - had to get there early to stake a claim. Also fished the Kansas River at the Edwardsville access point but there's not a lot of space there. I've seen a ton of guys fish the Coffer Dam just east of there but I never made the walk. Kaw Point is another spot, by the bridge on the Kansas but that place at night always seemed a little sketch to me. Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I gave up on Lake Olathe years ago. Used to fish the south end flats and the coves on the east side and did okay with live bait but I think it's a little fished out and full of turtles. I fished Hillsdale quite a bit with varying success from the banks. Either the causeway on the east side or the shallow flats on the west side - had to get there early to stake a claim. Also fished the Kansas River at the Edwardsville access point but there's not a lot of space there. I've seen a ton of guys fish the Coffer Dam just east of there but I never made the walk. Kaw Point is another spot, by the bridge on the Kansas but that place at night always seemed a little sketch to me. Good luck!
The dam is a good spot and right up the road from me. The gas station charges to park, but if you parked at the boat ramp or my house and need a ride I would give you one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts