Flathead and blue catfishing in Ohio - Where at?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by fisherman94580, Apr 1, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Where do you guys think is the best place to catch big flatheads, and blues? Just seeing what everyone has to say.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron I see you are from Ky. You have Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake as well as the Tenn, River and Cumberland River to fish in. I think you are near a haven of Blues, Flatheads and Channels. This is to only name a few. You also have the Ohio River near by.:lol: :big_smile:

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The only place you are going to find blues in Ohio in any numbers is in the Ohio river. The best chance at them is closer to the Cincinnati area. Flatheads on the other hand I would suggest the Ohio, Muskingum, Or Great Miami rivers. Also any of the Muskingum Watershed Conservation District lakes have good numbers of nice flatheads to be caught.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The best place to find Flatheads is the Ohio river. Second place is the Muskingum river.If you want to learn how to catch Muskingum river flatheads. come to the Ohio gathering, May 18th 19th and 20th. We will be holding our meet and greet at the Riverside shelterhouse.

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I agree with all the above posts even though I don't know what part of Ky you're in.

6. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree i would fish the ohio for blues and flats and the muskinghum or miami for flats hope this helps

7. Kat Killah

Kat Killah New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish the Muskingum river and the Licking River mostly, love them both, would definitley reccomend the Ohio river too.