Flathead and blue catfish baits?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    post ur favorite catfish baits here my favorite for flatheads is goldfish. they'll tear um up!!!!

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the BOC. My favorite flathead baits are live shad, live blugill, live goldfish, cut shad, cut gill.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    For flatheads I'd have to say live bluegill.

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I would have to say depending on type of body of water, river i would say shad. ******* i would say bluegill&creek chub, ponds minnow and chubs...... GOLD FISH ALL 'ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    It's hard to beat chubs and green sunfish where I fish.

6. kycat

kycat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Small bullhead cats for the flatheads. They love em. Bluegills, Shad, Cutbaits, and Goldfish as well.

7. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There's 1 baitshop in this small town in East Tennessee I just moved to. You have to go to the pawn shop to pay the guy, then walk around back to 3 GIGANTIC tanks of shiners, roaches and goldfish. The cool thing is, if there's no one around to pay they let you take what you want and pay them next time you come in....I just came from Chicago and the honor system didn't work well out there so you can probably understand my amazement. Anyway, there is a decent pick of goldfish but most are in the 3"-4" range. Do the 3 main species of cats all go for goldies or should I stick with 'gills?

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    my favorite flatty bait is a white perch or a crappie bout 5 inches long. my favorite for blues are fresh cut or live herring. later in the summer i will use cut herring for flatties also. i was fishing in the canal at santee last yr and had a 5 inch goldfish under a float and caught a 4 lb channel on it and later that night caught a 38 lb flatty on a piece of cut bait. i think a flatty prefers live bait but wont pass up a easy bite to eat.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    My favorites are live bluegill or fresh cut bluegills

10. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Mine Is Live Bluegill

11. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Green Sunfish (black perch around here), cut shad

12. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    live bluegill or yellowbellies for flats and shad that has been stepped on til it pops for blues

13. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Live or fresh cut bluegill. We have about the same success with either. This year I would like to try some bullheads -- I've got the low-down on a fool-proof spot to catch them. It should be good training for my 3 yr old's first real season of fishing!