Flat Bank Sinkers

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CatHunter24, Mar 27, 2009.

1. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I know a lot of guys make them and mold them on here...and I have seen them online. But any Dayton/Springfield/ Cincy Area guys know where to find them in a store or bait shop? I have heard rumor or Bass Pro but must have missed them last time i was down there.

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good idea to make your own, check out the sinker making stuff, even the flat no roll made with a sheetrock form are simple. Other styles too, Ideas in the sinker making institute.

3. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah, I have to agree, buying them, is almost as painful as finding them, I don't think I ever really see anything bigger than 2oz the majority of the time, you almost (in my experience) never find anything bigger than that unless your looking at downrigger equipment, it's a shame you just asked, you could have went to a few different sinker gatherings, learned a bit, met some people, bs'd and saved some money, but I'm sure someone here can help you, I know that there are a few online places you can check out that would be a lot cheaper even after shipping than one of the major stores.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    bass pro has them but you will pay to much..about 5 bucks each for 1, 5 ounce sinker.

I use them up to 8 ounces and buy them online alot cheaper

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I haven't really seen a "flat" bank sinker. Was wondering if these are the "walking sinkers". But, I wholeheartedly agree that it is cheaper to pour you own than to fatten the profits of those stores. And that is quite a profit.

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    fishermans quarters downtown dayton or gander mountain in huber heights

7. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let's see if I can get this to work, if so, here you go Lawrence, this is what we're talking about.

Attached Files:

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Be glad to sell you some if you want to wait till I get back down that way in about 3 weeks. If not I can mail them in a flat rate shipping box. Just let me know what sizes you want.:wink: