Flat bank sinker

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 13, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    are the eyes are the same as the regular bank sinkers or are they thinner????

they are cheaper than regular bank sinkers for some reason.....

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    There about the same. Maybe a little thicker then the normal bank sinker.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    id say thicker if anything:0a11: not 100% because i dont have the same size of both to compair

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The only flat sinkers that I know of is the NoRool and The River Sinker the no rool sinker is like the egg it has a hole through the center and the river sinker has a # 2 brass eyelet you can buy bank sinkers and take a hammer and make them flat i did that until i bought a no roll mold

5. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    you can buy bank sinkers and take a hammer and make them flat i did that until i bought a no roll mold[/quote]

Thanks, I was wondering if the lead would hold up to the pounding of being made flat. Any advice, or just wail away with the old ball peen.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks, I was wondering if the lead would hold up to the pounding of being made flat. Any advice, or just wail away with the old ball peen.[/QUOTE]

warm the sinkers up on the stove the pound it flat. pliers and welding gloves will be a big help. i am not suggesting that you hold your sinker over an open flame.