Flasher?????

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by carpet1, Aug 29, 2006.

1. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    I have a 92 Isuzu pick/up work truck.The signal lights don't work half the time and here lately they dont work at all but the flasher buzzs when you turn them on.Could it just need a new flasher I would just go ahead and replace it but its going to be a booger to get to.So I would like to know for sure.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I had a 1071 Ford Galaxy that did the same thing and it was the flasher. I can't say for sure about your truck though.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Rusty, Are you talking about the turn signal flasher? I don't know anything about your truck but all the ones I've seen before weren't hard to get to. They were just under the dash a little ways on the drivers side. Good luck I hope it ain't hard to figure out.

st

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    That sounds like a bad flasher for sure. Most flashers are located in the fuse panel. I don't know why Isuzu would put in anywhere else.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well Brother, The Votes Are In,it's A Flasher Lmao

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    When you say that the turn signals don't work, do you mean that they light up but don't flash, or that they do not illuminate.

In the event they light up but don't flash, the flasher unit is most likely the culprit, if they don't light up @ all, you more than likely have a bad turn signal switch:sad2:

7. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    I dont know much about your truck,but some vehicals use two identical flashers one for the turn signals and one for the hazzard lights. If yours is like that you will see to identical relays. Swap them back and forth and you will figure out which relay is defective.

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    LOL I had a 1973 Ford Galaxie that did the same exact thing! Thats funny.