Flannagan Dam - The Pound River is dry as a bone.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dallison, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well I left the good old Richmond Virginia James River to visit my grandparents in Clintwood Virginia. Of course I took my fishing gear, I went to the Flannagan Dam, I may as well went to Canada. It was freezing cold, windy and .....no bites. It was a real nice place though. The water level was really, really low. I was standing about -20 ft. below normal water level. The floating docks were on land...the poor foating pier was disconnected and anchored. The Pound River is dry as a bone. O well.....it saw me coming. I'll bet the summer is totally rocking in that area. I'll have to make the trip.:go:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't know anything about the area, but good luck fishing

3. Sexton

Sexton New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Dear Friend, Flannagan has yet crushed another soul trying to pluck any living swimming organism from her icy depths....Dude I could not begin to count the times me and a dumb little buddy has had our hopes dashed by that fickle body of water.....But....it has HUGE potential....Have yet to figure her out, perhaps one day I might reap the benefits of all these skunk trips. Ever got any questions about her, just ask!

4. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    sorry to hear about your luck, but good luck next time.:eek:oooh: