Flamm City Ramp

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Spills, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys. I'm thinking of hitting this ramp over the weekend but I've heard it's not usable because the Meremac is too low. Anybody know what the status is right now?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing brother!!

3. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    At the end of the boat ramp u have about 30 yards to about 3 foot of water.
    And the gravel and mudd is real soft. The only thing u might get in there with is a canoe.

I was there yesterday. Gettin pretty bad.

4. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like we might be going up to Alton then...thanks for the report Manny.

5. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody know about that ramp up river from Flamm. I think it's right off of Lemay Ferry near Meremac Bottom Rd. Is it usable right now?

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That would be the Arnold Ramp @ Jeffco Blvd..
    It's in the sme condition as Flamm City, unusable if you have a trailer for your boat.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang the bad luck you guys have had. First a flood, now the creeks dryed up:angry::angry::angry: If i was ya'll i would trade a guy like myself some good tackle, and take up golf. Did i mention i have 3 sets of clubs to trade?:big_smile:

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
  9. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    TRy this one(http://www.weather.gov/ahps/).At the site,were it says location,input Arnold,Mo.It shows the gauges for the mermac here and at Vally Park.It ain't good,though.LOw water everywhere.

10. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
  11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    So, if it's at 6.6 now & we can't launch a typical river boat like we use, what level is the dividing line at?

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Seems to me it goes to crap after 8ft. or so,but,I can't be sure.Good rain up North fixes it for a day or so,not long.

13. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone know of a ramp on the Mississippi that can provide access to that area?

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Put in downtown on the riverfront, your not that far from that area just head south.

15. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Wrere is the downtown ramp,Mike?I need a new place to put in.

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Just south of the Arch, there is a Coast guard ramp under that Train tussle, just get down on the street that runs along the river front (can't remember the name of it) and when you go past the gate for the levee at the end look off to your left and there is a small road going down to the cobblestones. The ramp is right there. River Rat can give you better directions then me he uses it a lot or used to anyway. I personally can't stand fishing downtown.....WAY too many barges for me. But it's really pretty at night, with the city all lit up.:wink:

17. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Thanks.I never knew where that ramp was.It's closer to Arnold than the Bottoms or Arnold,so I'll probably wind up there this week,if I ever get a day off.

18. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    The ramp under the train track is unaccessible right now. The driveway leading into it washed away during the last flood. You will have to launch off of the cobblestones.

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Ok, well that I didn't know. Haven't been down there since meeting Cuz and Willie for the boat show. But since you have a flat bottom boat Michael I don't think you'll have any trouble just backing in off the cobblestones.