Flamm City Ramp

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by F250CAT, Aug 5, 2008.

1. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    Does anyone know if Flamm City ramp opened today?

2. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I'll be going by later this morning.I'll post here,when I get home.I live 2 miles from Flamm.

3. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    Thanks Michael.
    I called the City of Arnold this morning, and the office said it was not open, but she had not received any update from the maintenance department yet. The water should be 5' below the roadway today.

If it is still closed, do you think the private pay ramp across and upstream of the Telegraph bridge is open?

Thanks,
    Paul

4. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I've never used the ramp on the other side,but,I can tell you it's very steep.I did call the head of maintainance for Arnold parks,he said they didn't know Flamm was that far down,already.I was told it'll be checked again today.If it's open,I'm going out tomorrow or Sat.I'll keep you up to date on this thread.

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Hey Mike thanks for doing some checking. I will be watching for any updates on this thread. I went over the 55 bridge and couldn't believe how fast she fell. The soccer fields were dry again. What a crazy year this has been.

6. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    Thanks for Checking Mike.

I used the private ramp 5 or 6 years ago when Flamm was dry. It was steep, but I didn't have any trouble in or out.

I'm going to try to get in tonight and this weekend also. Large hail and damaging wind sounds like good fishing...

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Paul. Are you fishing the Meremac or the Mississippi? If so what kind of boat, I might see you out there this weekend.

8. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    Thanks Ryan.
    I've been around the board for a few years, but don't post much. I fish the Mississippi in a blue 2025 Lund.

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Yes you have, I didn't notice the join date. I have seen a lund out there a few times but I believe this one has red on it. Well good luck and If I see you I will try and stop by to say hello.

10. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    Are you in the white center console pictured in your profile?

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Yep, I will be out there with my Dad unless he cancles on me again. We are probably headed out at least one night this week.

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    News update.Flamm City ramp is now back to normal operations.Just drove by and the ramp is now open,again.:smile2:

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks Mike!

14. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    Thanks Mike.

I stopped by last night and it and the private ramp was closed. I'm going to try again this afternoon.

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Is Flam City still open with this low water????????

16. F250CAT

F250CAT New Member

State:
    Millstadt, IL
    I can usually get in at Flamm all the way down to about to about 7.5' on St Louis gauge, but make sure you idle to the channel on the other side to get on plane.
    With the current stage prediction, we should be fine through this weekend.