Flamm City Ramp

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Scaley Cat, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can anyone tell me if the Flamm City Ramp flooded? Thanks fellows.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    It has been but I haven't seen it in two days so can't say for sure. It should be close to usable if it isn't already. Hopefully someone can let us know for sure.

3. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    I heard yesterday tht it was still closed,when I stopped at the bait shop,close to it.will most likely go by there myself today before work,will let all know tomorrow morning:wink:

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Which baitshop are you referring to?

5. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    the bait shop is on telagraph,I think the name of it is called Jans,its about 1 mile from jeffco,just past the fire house its a small shop in the basement of a home. Flamm city was still closed yesterday,and looks like it won't open anytime soon.I'll let you know the name of the bait shop when I go out to the car have a card out there.:wink:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I remember that shop now, it's where the phantom boat use to be parked, or so I've heard, never actually saw it there. :wink:

7. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    Its Judy's bait shop.and flamm city is still closed.Hey kutter maybe we can get together sometime and do some fishing,I live in pevely:roll_eyes:

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Damn, I was hoping that Flamm would be open.....what about George Winter Park is it closed too or the ramp under the Jeffco Bridge? I really want to try and get my boat on the river this weekend sometime if nothing else just to get out and run it a bit, but really don't want to drive an hour away to do so.

9. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Meramec @ Arnold is backing up from the Mississippi being up, the ramps in Fenton (GW) are open and the river is 8 feet below flood in Valley Park.

10. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    As of friday flamm city was still closed,wish this water would go back down,:confused2:I really want to fish,with no boat I can only fish from the banks:sad2:

11. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Any body been by the ramp in arnold, the river is 2 feet below flood today and with the miss. dropping its going to keep coming down. Sure would like to get out and fish tonight.

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    i went out of Flamm City yesterday.The small cats are hitting good,but I had trouble getting shad.First cast with my good cast net,it opened in a perfect circle,hit flat as a pancake.Sank into 30 feet of water in the creek I was at.Then kept on sinking.My dumb-a** forgot to loop it to my wrist.Goodbye 35 dollars.Had to use my small,cheap net after that.Only found 3 or 4 shad in about an hour.I marked fish at the mouth of the Mississippi,one good hit.Anyway,it's open and the fish are there,just rough getting bait.I'll try again Monday.

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Hey Mike are you coming to the meeting and dollar tourney on the 31st?

14. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Now that you mention it,I'll make sure to request off at work.I just got home from buying a new cast net,may as well put it to good use.I'd like to meet this crazy group,too.:smile2:

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sorry to hear about losing your throw net Mike!! That sure does suck!

I'm looking forward to meeting you on the 31st if you're able to make it!!!

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Mike you are gonna like this group, I am looking forward to seeing you there. Are you going to bring your boat or do you need a ride?

17. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    i'm trying to weasel my way out of working Saturday.So far,I talked my way into leaving work by four p.m..I should at least make it to the ramp for weigh in. meanwhile,on a note about Flamm City,I'm off on Wed.&Thursday.Any of you gonna be out ther either day?Someone needs to show me a big fish from my own backyard.

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Mike I might be around late in the afternoon either day. It is going to be a tall order to find bait let alone fish. I think I know of three spots where we can score some bait and big fish well thats another story.

19. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Mike, Thanks for the up date on the Flammcity ramp. I ended up staying closer to home and putting in at kirkwood ramp on marshal road, this ramp is about 10 minutes from the house, but i can only use it when the waters high,lol.

I also lost my good net this weekend, the first cast it went down and snagged the bottom and I could not get it back.

20. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    when will you guys be out there ,I have to work at 2,but can be out there in the am,would sure like to meet up with some of you and do some fishing need someone to shom me the ropes with me being new to this :roll_eyes: