Flame Keeper Rods

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ssskinner27, May 28, 2009.

1. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Anybody here ever use one of these rods? I am interested in buying one pretty soon and just wanted to know how they feel when the big decides to make a run? The price for the rod I am looking at is really good considering the components. Here is the specs of the rod

Blank - EGlass/Rx6 Graphite Blend 7’ - 30/60 – Fast – Hvy. SW Jig/Boat
    Guides - Hvy Duty, Titanium Nitride Boat Rod.
    Under-wraps – sizeA.
    Over-wraps – size D.
    Custom 3D Tiger-wrap .
    Cork Handles .
    H/D Alum seat.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Kenny makes great rods. Alot of the people on here use them. Look in the BOC library and you can see some pixs.

3. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Just from the pics I've viewed on the forum I can tell you Kenny does top notch work with high quality components, you will love it!

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    From everything I've read and seen from his posts. I don't think you will have any problems landing anything you hook. When the time comes, I've already made up my mind i'm going to get with him, and I don't have any hesitations about it.

5. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fast – Hvy. SW Jig/Boat

what does the fast part mean? I dont know the whole scientific meaning to that...lol

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I don't have one of Kenny's rods but have followed and admired his builds on the rod building section. He is very knowledgable about rod building and freely shares information with anyone who asks questions! :big_smile: I would say you can rest assured you are buying a top notch rod! :cool2:

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    There was an interview released to the members of the Catfish Syndicate about Kenny.

He does excellent work, and unlike some custom rod builders that have been on the BOC, a no hassle man to work with.

8. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I'll tell you what I went and just looked at his rods and i am drooling. Got some ideas of my own for custom stuff. Next rod will be from him.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I drool evertime but to afford the mans werk is out fer me ...man he is one bad boy and I say that with the utmost respect /admiration...I have pm him and he has no problem talking to you or sharing his knowledge ole Flame be one good man fer sure...I find that bout everywhere I go on this site to THE B.O.C. has it like that:cool2:

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Boy I can relate to that last statement. I think you know who I'm talking about too.

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I wish I,d never seen one of Kennys rods.Now I can,t stop dreaming about them!They,re some sweet looking pieces,you can tell by the components he uses in them that they,ll walk the walk too.I don,t know what more a catman could ask for.They,re at the top of my TO BUY list.

12. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Thanks for all the response on this topic I am definatly going to buy one now all I need to do is match up a good reel. ANyone know if there are custom reel builders?