Flagging noodle depth control

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by toddrod, Feb 9, 2007.

1. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    What is a good way to control depth of line on a flagging noodle jug ( AKA Redneck clone)? I have a second eye screw that I do a half hitch around to set the depth but when a fish hit the bait it pulls the line off the eye screw and then all the line goes out. Any suggestions?

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Some pic's of the jug would be helpful.

3. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    I do not have a digital camera but the set up is the same as Ryno's noodle setup in the library on this site.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Since we are talking redneck inginuity. What we have done in the past is to use grey duct tape and wrap it a couple of times after the desired amount of line has been taken off.

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I use small zip ties.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use rubber bands. If you catch a fish, the line will get pulled out anyway though. I haven't decided whether that's bad or good yet.

7. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    On my noodle jugs I loop the line around the second screw eye as in the instructions for "Ryno's Noodle Jugs" and have never had a problem with the line coming out. I do use a larger than normal weight so maybe that takes some of the strain off the line. I use a 2# weight.

8. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    I think I will try putting some larger eye srews in place of the ones I have right now.

9. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    If you put your half-hitch around the pvc pipe and above your second eye it should not come off. If your just putting it around the eye, I would think that would be your problem. I do mine the same way and have never had a problem with them coming off.

Take Care.