Flagging JUG

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by catman4926, Jun 15, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is my flagging jug that I use in the river, you can see the light about 400yds, the light only comes on when you have a hooked fish

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Harold,

Looks pretty good. What kind of power source?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Definitely a good idea. You could probably market that in North Carolina, and elsewhere too, far as that goes.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Paul,

Power source is a 9v bat.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Looks great! Several years ago, I tried to develop something along those lines, but they were too much trouble to make and cost too much. AKWolf sells glow sticks at a price that makes it affordable to put a glowstick on each jug; furthermore, each tube of 100 glowsticks come with 100 connectors that can be glued onto the jug, providing a handy place to attach the glowstick. And while the glowsticks glow all the time, rather than coming on when there's a fish on, that makes finding all the jugs much easier when it's time to pick them all up. It also helps notice any jugs that get hung up or caught up in slack water and no longer float along with the main pack of jugs. Less chance of losing a jug.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's why all my jugs have reflector tape on them , the gloe sticks or all rite I just don't want to sit out on the water and it looks like Xmas with all that glowing on when I made mine it cost me less then 5.00 ea and that was two years ago and if you take care of them they will last a long time

7. hoth2o

hoth2o New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I love that idea! How did you go about it? What's the "Trigger"?

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    One additional benefit of using the chemlights is that any passing boats can easily see the jugs before they get right up on them.

9. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    catman,
    that light is a great thing. You need to work on marketing that.
    I still use reflective tape. I get the yellow tape from my school I teach. The bus garage gave me about 6 feet of it about 2 inches wide. I cut it down the middle. It is the brightest reflective tape I have ever seen.
    But your idea is great. I would use them if I could get them.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you should post how thats made. thats a good idea. heck. patentent it. looks cool. would love to know about how thats made.:wink:

great idea.:wink: